Legal and Bail Assist
Knowing your legal rights, what to do if you’re detained by police, and advice about posting bail can be intimidating and overwhelming. With HelpMe by MiWay, should a subscribed member be confronted by an arrest and require a bail application for a minor offence, our legal team will assist you to ensure the correct procedures are followed and bail is posted, ensuring your visit to the police station is as short as possible.
Our Bail Assist benefit includes:
- Comprehensive telephonic legal advice in terms of your rights
- Contacting the police officer on duty to verify the arrest and bail details.
- Appointing an attorney to report to the police charge office if required.
- Posting bail following the issuing of the charge sheet*
- Keeping a nominated friend/relative updated on the status of the case.
Offences that can be advised upon in our service are:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- Road traffic offences such as failure to pay speeding fines.
- Contempt of court for minor offences (e.g. failure to appear in court to defend a traffic offence)
- Public disturbance
- Drinking in public
- Covid-19 curfew breach
The service also includes practical legal telephonic advice* regarding motor related incidents, serviced by qualified and professional legal advisors.
- Available 24/7
First 30 minutes’ consultation at no cost.
*Terms and conditions with limitations apply